Estate Planning – Wills & Trusts
Estate Planning Services
Whether you need to write your will, set up a trust or prepare a prenuptial agreement, many of life’s biggest decisions involve legal considerations that can affect a family’s future for years to come. At McCarty Law, we take a kind and understanding approach and work with you to consider all the details of the estate planning process in Wisconsin.
We will listen to your wishes and priorities, answer your questions, and clearly explain all your options. Our estate planners in Appleton will help you make decisions you feel confident about as they relate to wills, trusts, powers of attorney and other planning issues.
McCarty Law also offers legal help with many of these matters as they apply to our aging parents and elderly loved ones. See our Elder Law page for more information.
Legal Services for Seniors & Families at a Glance
- Comprehensive estate planning and administration
- Durable financial, health care powers of attorney and other advance directives
- Non-probate transfers, including Transfer on Death (TOD) and Payable on Death (POD)
- Understanding the difference between will and trust planning
- Marital property agreements, including Washington will provisions
- Prenuptial agreements
- Complex estate planning issues, including revocable and irrevocable trusts and joint wills
- Trust accounts, particularly for children and special needs family members
- Medicaid planning
- Asset protection planning from long-term care costs
- Probate avoidance planning
- Inheritance, estate/death and gift tax planning
Attorneys at Law
To learn more about our estate planning and asset protection law services and legal counsel available in Appleton, Neenah, Menasha, Green Bay, Oshkosh and beyond, please contact any of these experienced attorneys:
Will or Trust: Which One is Right for You?
Family Wills Part One: Why Do I Need a Will?
Family Wills Part Two: What Goes Into My Will?
Family Wills Part Three: All About Guardianships & Probate (and Living Wills & Trusts)
Planning for Medicaid and Family Care
Inheriting the Family Cottage
Invest If You’re ABLE (Achieving a Better Life Experience trusts)
Ideal Timing for Nursing Home Protection
Should I Give My House to My Kids?
Marital Property Q&A
Wills/Estate Planning Q&A