Elder Law & Special Needs Planning
Asset Protection & Special Needs Planning
Many clients turn to McCarty Law with legal questions about their aging parents, children with disabilities or elderly loved ones. Our goals are to give you peace of mind regarding the complicated issues that arise when planning for long-term care and to help you navigate this difficult decision-making process.
Our attorneys in Appleton work with families from generation to generation. We specialize in elder law and disability planning issues and assist families in the preparation of wills and trusts, Medicaid/Title 19 planning, preparing durable and health care powers of attorney and many other legal matters.
Elder Mediation Services
If you want to contest a will, a guardianship or a power of attorney, McCarty Law also provides Elder Mediation Services, an effective conflict management alternative to Wisconsin court proceedings where a neutral third party facilitates and helps mediate a resolution that meets the needs of all sides.
Legal Services for Seniors & Families at a Glance
- Title 19 eligibility and planning, including medical assistance, family care, IRIS, and community options program (COP) waivers
- Estate planning for individuals with disabilities and special needs trusts, including ABLE accounts and Wispact pooled and community-based trusts
- Guardianships, conservatorships, supported decision-making and other advance directives
- Use of Medicaid-compliant annuities and promissory notes
- Nursing home or assisted living facility long-term care planning
- Irrevocable family trusts
- Asset divestment strategy and protection
- Durable financial and health care powers of attorney
- In-home care assistance and caregiver support
- Medicaid estate recovery
Attorneys at Law
To learn more about our elder law services and legal counsel available in Appleton, Neenah, Menasha, Green Bay, Oshkosh and beyond, please contact either of these experienced attorneys:
Will or Trust: Which One is Right for You?
Family Wills Part One: Why Do I Need a Will?
Family Wills Part Two: What Goes Into My Will?
Family Wills Part Three: All About Guardianships & Probate (and Living Wills & Trusts)
Planning for Medicaid and Family Care
Ideal Timing for Nursing Home Protection
Invest If You’re ABLE (Achieving a Better Life Experience trusts)
The Benefits and Uses of Wispact Trusts
How to Set Up a Wispact Trust
VA Aid and Attendance Pensions
Inheriting the Family Cottage