Probate Law & Estate Settlement
Probate, Estate Settlement and Trust Administrations
The death of a loved one is a time to grieve rather than a time to deal with complicated financial and legal matters. We’re here to take the stress out of the estate settlement process by providing the tools necessary to ease the transition of asset ownership.
You can turn to us to answer any legal questions about probate procedures in Wisconsin, including understanding when you need probate and how to apply for probate.
Our attorneys in Appleton advise clients on the probate process step by step, providing a wide range of services with regard to both probate court proceedings and non-probate transfers. At McCarty Law, we stand ready to assist your family in carrying out your wishes and the wishes of your loved ones.
Legal Services for Families at a Glance
- Administration and transfer of assets pursuant to wills and trusts
- Legal help with questions related to trustee and personal representative/ executor duties
- Guidance on timely elections for post-death tax planning, including disclaimers
- Assistance with filing paperwork and claims forms with retirement administrators, life insurance companies and register of deeds
- Non-probate transfers, including Transfer on Death (TOD), Payable on Death (POD), marital property agreements and beneficiary designations
- Terminations of interests in real estate, including life estates, joint tenancies, survivorship and marital property
- Medicaid estate recovery
Attorneys at Law
To learn more about our probate, trust administration and estate settlement law services available in Appleton, Neenah, Menasha, Green Bay, Oshkosh and beyond, please contact any of these experienced attorneys:
Will or Trust: Which One is Right for You?
Family Wills Part Three: All About Guardianships & Probate (and Living Wills & Trusts)
Ideal Timing for Nursing Home Protection
Probate Law & Estate Settlement Q&A
Revocable Living Trusts Q&A