Employment & Labor Law
Legal Services in Federal and Wisconsin Employment and Labor Law
Employment and Labor Law Attorney Services
We provide legal help to assist you in developing practical and effective solutions for employment and labor law questions that arise in your daily business operations. Our attorneys in Appleton assist businesses in understanding Wisconsin and federal employment and labor laws, and we advise them on every aspect of the employment relationship.
Employment and Labor Litigation
Our goal is to work proactively with businesses to ensure the proper handling of personnel matters to reduce the risk of litigation and liability. If employment or labor law litigation is necessary, our attorneys are experienced in representing businesses in mediation, arbitration and administrative proceedings, and before state and federal courts at both the trial and appellate levels.
Legal Services for Employers at a Glance:
- Hiring, termination and workforce reductions
- Disciplinary issues
- Non-disclosure agreements (NDA)
- In-house training and internal investigations
- Workplace sexual harassment policies and procedures
- Age discrimination
- Employee social media policies
- Preparation of legally compliant personnel policies and employee handbooks
- Employee performance review guidance
- Pension and benefit matters
- Unemployment compensation and insurance
- Drafting employment-related contracts, including employment agreements, severance agreements and deferred compensation agreements
- Independent contractor agreements
- Covenants not to compete and trade secrets
- Wisconsin and federal minimum wage and overtime laws
- Family medical leave (FMLA) guidelines and regulations
- Leave and accommodation questions
- Americans with Disabilites Act and Fair Labor Standards Act
- Compliance with immigration laws
Employment and Labor Attorney Services for Health Care Providers
Health care providers, in addition to serving patients and staying on top of operational and compliance issues, are also employers. At McCarty Law, our health care law attorneys specialize in working closely with providers to negotiate, draft and administer employment agreements for physicians, surgeons and other health care employees.
We also assist health care providers with a variety of employment-based matters, including disciplinary actions, internal investigations and separation agreements.
Attorneys at Law
To learn more about our employment and labor law services in Appleton, Kaukauna, Neenah, Green Bay, Oshkosh, and beyond, please contact any of these experienced attorneys for a legal consultation: