McCarty Law, in addition to providing excellent service and care to clients, places a focus on improving employees’ lives and overall well-being. One of the ways we do this every summer is by planting and maintaining a garden right at our office for employees to enjoy.
Our garden committee had a meeting in May to decide what would be planted—about a week later, the plantlings and seeds were planted in the same raised beds we used last year. They also got a little dirty as they maintained the garden so our employees could enjoy the fruits of their labor. They watered when necessary, pinched tomato stems, put up support structures, weeded, got rid of dead vegetation, and harvested when ready.
Here’s what we planted on May 23 this year:
- Green and orange bell peppers
- Green beans
- Snap peas
We wanted fresh and nutritious produce to be available to all employees of McCarty Law that, with little to no preparation, could be easily enjoyed. The snap peas were our first big yield of the summer and they, as well as the green beans, were always a crowd favorite. Those nasty summer storms we had a few weeks ago blew over a few of our tomato plants, but they’re still hanging in there (literally) and still providing some beautiful tomatoes for our employees to add to their salads or sandwiches at lunch.
Thank you to our garden committee for making McCarty Law an even better place to work!
McCarty Law LLP
Latest posts by McCarty Law LLP (see all)
- Attorneys Ben Adams & Bill Woodrow Announce Their Retirement - April 1, 2021
- Happy Thanksgiving from McCarty Law! - November 25, 2020
- McCarty Law Super Lawyers and Rising Stars of 2020 - November 19, 2020
- Get To Know Us: Attorney Melissa DeVantier - November 6, 2020
- McCarty Law Welcomes Attorney Alicia C. Rodriguez - June 22, 2020