Every year, our firm takes an afternoon off in the summer, usually in August. and we go golfing. This year, the weather had other ideas and we ended up bowling instead. While no attorney here at McCarty Law ever claimed to be a skilled bowler (except Attorney Steve Cerasoli), things like aim and accuracy aren’t really the point.
This event has been going on for 20 years and was started by Attorney Steve Dozer shortly after he joined McCarty Law in 1996. After Steve passed away from brain cancer in 2003, we donned the event “The Dozer Cup” the following year. Our traveling trophy features his athletic cup, so we literally play for Dozer’s cup every year in his honor.
After bowling this year, we went to the scenic Fox Valley Golf Club in Kaukauna for dinner and more celebration in the clubhouse.
They (and Club Member/Master of Ceremonies Attorney Steve Cerasoli) are outstanding hosts, and this year, we had another excellent turnout of bowlers and diners. While the weather wasn’t ideal for golfing this year, we still achieved our goal through bowling: lots of fun and laughter in memory of a late friend.
McCarty Law LLP
Latest posts by McCarty Law LLP (see all)
- Attorneys Ben Adams & Bill Woodrow Announce Their Retirement - April 1, 2021
- Happy Thanksgiving from McCarty Law! - November 25, 2020
- McCarty Law Super Lawyers and Rising Stars of 2020 - November 19, 2020
- Get To Know Us: Attorney Melissa DeVantier - November 6, 2020
- McCarty Law Welcomes Attorney Alicia C. Rodriguez - June 22, 2020