With the growing popularity of emotional support animals, we’ve been getting a lot of questions from clients lately asking about what to do when a customer/client/patient shows up at their place of business with an animal. Attorney Lora Zimmer has created the infographic below to help you determine whether an animal is a service animal or an emotional support animal, and what your legal obligations are in each scenario. As always, if you have any questions on this topic, or if you would like help drafting a policy for your business on service and emotional support animals, we are here to help.
Latest posts by Lora L. Zimmer (see all)
- Breaking News: FTC Proposes Rule to Ban Non-Competes - January 6, 2023
- Title IX’s Protections Against Pregnancy Discrimination Clarified - October 19, 2022
- No Surprises Act a Big Surprise to Many Health Care Providers - November 29, 2021
- When Patients Need a Lift - July 29, 2021
- Government Says Kickbacks Okay for COVID Vaccines (Within Reason) - May 28, 2021