With the growing popularity of emotional support animals, we’ve been getting a lot of questions from clients lately asking about what to do when a customer/client/patient shows up at their place of business with an animal. Attorney Lora Zimmer has created the infographic below to help you determine whether an animal is a service animal or an emotional support animal, and what your legal obligations are in each scenario. As always, if you have any questions on this topic, or if you would like help drafting a policy for your business on service and emotional support animals, we are here to help.
Latest posts by Lora L. Zimmer (see all)
- FAQs on Service and Emotional Support Animals for Wisconsin Businesses - November 7, 2019
- The Basics of Business Associate Agreements: Part Two - March 14, 2019
- The Basics of Business Associate Agreements: Part One - February 28, 2019
- New Statute Prohibits Kickbacks in Recovery Services - February 14, 2019
- Title IX Corner: Federal Government Proposes Changes to Title IX Rules - January 17, 2019