Answering Your Questions about Marital Property
This online pamphlet from the State Bar of Wisconsin answers the following legal questions related to estate planning and marital property:Why was the Marital Property Act passed?
- What is marital property?
- Can I still have property that’s my own?
- Can individual property unintentionally become marital property?
- What are the credit implications of this law?
- How does this law affect my will?
- What if I have no will?
- How does the law affect life insurance and retirement benefits?
- Can I give away marital property?
- What if my spouse and I disagree about marital property?
- How does the law affect divorce?
- Should we consider a marital property agreement?
At McCarty Law, we offer comprehensive legal services for estate planning and marital property. Learn more about these services or find an attorney at our law office who specializes in this area.
Adobe® Reader® is required to view PDFs. Click the button to download a free copy now.